Monday, January 5, 2009

Everything goes full circle...

So once upon a time, a long, long time ago, back when both the internet and I were young, there was a game. A game called ShadowDale. And this game called ShadowDale was a Multi-User-Dungeon, more commonly known as... a MUD. And on this MUD there was a little elf named Gailyana. Yes, I have been using this name online for many years, and if you are a former mudder who ever knew a Gailyana, chances are that was me.

Anyway, things have changed on the internet. Multi-user stuff has gotten all bright and shiny and graphical. Still, much to my amusement, Gailyana ends up dealing with mud once again as I log on tonight and Cat invites me to try out her new toy:
[2009/01/05 16:38] catalina Mistwallow: gail@
[2009/01/05 16:38] catalina Mistwallow: !!!
[2009/01/05 16:38] catalina Mistwallow: yay
[2009/01/05
16:38] catalina Mistwallow: come wrestle in the mud with us!
[2009/01/05 16:38] Gailyana Mehler: Um, what?

Yes, Balt gave Cat a mud wrestling pit. It comes with mud wrestling outfits so you can look muddy whilest you're writhing around with your opponent. I was not too sure if this was a good idea. It looked... rather... dirty...in more ways than one.

However, after watching Cat's glorious victory over Balt...

[16:50] Mud Wrestling: catalina Mistwallow is the winner

...I decided I'd better give it a try. There is no skill to this game. Basically you just grab a poseball and then pound the heck out of the up arrow on your keyboard (sorry, Rosie!) Much to my surprise and delight, I remain undefeated!

[18:30] Mud Wrestling: Gailyana Mehler is the winner

1 comment:

  1. Yesh! You are Mudwrestling Queen of the Hallelujahs! (MQH)

    ReplyDelete