Thursday, March 11, 2010

Garden in my pocket....

So a little while ago my friend Owly blogged about the cutest ever little fishpond that she got to test out. I coveted the fishpond and waited excitedly for its release. Happily, I am friends with the very talented Carter Denja on Plurk and I was watching for a plurk on the release of the fishpond... long story short, I am now the happy owner of a new fishpond! Yay!

So I bring you the cutest little fishpond that ever did fish, available at Pocket Gardens, which also one of the cutest stores that ever did... store. But seriously, the concept is really wonderful - small, self-contained, low prim gardens, with cute poses and stuff.

Me, on the pond. Hair is by TinyBird; shirt - not sure, got it on Xstreet
because it has toast on it; jeans GypsySoul; and shoes HOC apparel.


The fishpond comes in large and small (or in a fatpack with both); I rezzed the large one because two fish are better than one (they can keep each other company!). Both the large and the small pond come with three textures for the basin, and three different colours for the roses. I am partial to the red, but Cal likes the pink (go figure)! You can see my absolutely adorable cottage and part of the deck Cal built for us in the background. Oh, and remember I said cute poses? Well, this pond has three poses...

Resting after a long day...
Check out our island, we have rocks and trees and trees and rocks.


The fish are named Freda and Fennel, which you will only understand if you grew up in Ontario in the early 1980's and watched Polka Dot Door.

Sitting on the edge trailing my hand in the water...

Overall, I give this fishpond two fins up. It would be a nice addition to your SL garden just by itself, but the fact that it has some customizations and such great poses really takes it from something that is just cute to something that is really special. Find yours at Pocket Gardens .

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Great post, and your island is looking so cute! I think we have something like six of those ponds on the sim now ...

    ReplyDelete